Monday, November 24, 2014

Outlet Elbow Ends Trimmed


 The round inlet end of the elbows were marked, band sawed and ground just like was done for the outlet end of the manifold.

For the outlet end of the elbow I followed a similar process.  I used the form block to mark the cut lines on the flanges.

To draw the cut line I started by using a straight edge to line up a block in the bottom of the opening so I could mark the bottom of the cut line.


 To mark a straight line in the curved outlet I used the Pin Contour Gauge as a guide.  The shape of each shell is slightly different so it made an easy way to create a guide for each one.  You just line it up wit the three marks and draw a line along it with a pencil.

I then cut off the scrap with the band saw like the inlet end, and ground the end square and smooth wit the belt sander.  A little deburring and the end was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment