Thursday, January 22, 2015

First Exhaust Manifold Spot Welded


 I painted the inside of the shells as I did with the heat boxes.  I realize the exhaust will burn off most of it, but until then it will keep it from rusting.




With the paint dry, the shells were fitted onto the Assembly Fixture.

 I aligned the forward inlet tube and clamped it to the fixture.





Then I used the outlet plug and strap clamp to align the rest of the shells.

 With the shells aligned, the clamps were installed to hold the inlets to the fixture.  Clamps were then placed where needed to hold the outer edge of the shells tight together for spot welding.

Once the outer edges were welded the inner edges were clamped and welded.

 I wondered if the fixture would really hold the inlets in a straight line.  It worked great.


The Outlet Elbow was fitted ready to weld.  Before I spot weld the edges I'll weld the elbow to the manifold.

The next step will be to gas weld areas which can't be spot welded.

No comments:

Post a Comment