Sunday, May 19, 2013

First Manifold Blank Ready To Form

 With the blanks cut to size I positioned the Template on the plank and punched holes for the Cleco clamps.  I'm not riveting these together.  The clamps are to hold the template in position while I scribe a cut line along the edge of the template and punch the corner holes in the cut outs.  It's a little extra work but it makes it so easy to get the lines scribed without the template moving or lifting up.  The locator holes will get trimmed off with the excess metal after forming.


 The blank is cut out and the sharp edges filed smooth for safety.  I buy band-aids in the 100 ct. box but I do try not to cut myself.

The blank is clamped in the form ready to hammer.  Unfortunately it's raining outside where I have a solid place for pounding, so this will have to wait for the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment